The Warwick Public Library makes its meeting rooms available to organizations for non-commercial, cultural, informational, educational, intellectual and civic purposes. Room availability is contingent upon there being no conflict with library programs or meetings. The Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, to assess fees for use of the rooms, and to cancel or reschedule all arrangements, at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability.
Each organization requesting use of the meeting rooms must abide by the meeting room policies. Failure to do so will result in cancellation or refusal of reservations in the future. Use of the rooms does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies and/or beliefs by the Library.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of services.
- No admission fee may be charged, contributions solicited, or dues collected. The only exceptions are in the case of paid registration at conferences or institutes, held in cooperation with the Library, or payment of fees for regularly scheduled education courses sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
- No product or service may be sold, except in the case of payment for materials required for educational or group discussion use with the express permission of the Library Director.
- All publicity for meetings held in the Library must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library will not take reservations from individuals for particular meetings. Those reservations must be made through the sponsoring organization. The Library may not be identified as the sponsor.
- Groups may not use the name or address of the Warwick Public Library as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
- Youth organizations using meeting rooms must provide adult supervision at all times.
- Library or library-sponsored programs have priority over other uses of the meeting rooms.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved 120 days in advance online, by telephone at (401) 739-5440 x7 or in person between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may only schedule two meetings at a time.
- If a meeting is canceled, the Library should be notified as far in advance of the date as possible. Any organization that is a “no show” for two scheduled meetings may have its meeting room privileges revoked or suspended. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cancellations)
- The Library provides equipment such as tables, chairs, a lectern, a microphone, portable chalkboard, LCD projector for use with library DVD/VCR player or your laptop. Room set-up and equipment requests must be made when the room is reserved.
- The meeting rooms may be scheduled 30 minutes before the Library opens with approval.
- There must be one hour between all reservations to allow maintenance staff to set up and break down the equipment in the room. Please consult the Meeting Room Schedule before reserving a room.
Large Meeting Room
Small Meeting Room
Use/Care of the Rooms
- Groups may serve food and beverages at meetings, however the Library does not furnish equipment or supplies.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Groups are responsible for leaving the rooms in good order, paying for any breakage, damage to library property, or any unusual expenses incurred by the Library as a result of the meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for security or storage of property owned by groups using the Library, nor is it responsible for damage or loss of property of others.
Approved by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees 8/23/00