The Warwick Public Library makes its meeting rooms available for use by non-profit groups for non-commercial, cultural, informational, educational, intellectual and civic purposes. Room availability is contingent on there being no conflict with library programs or meetings, which have first priority at all times.
The Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, to assess fees for use of the rooms, and to cancel or reschedule all arrangements, at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability.
Each organization requesting use of the meeting rooms must complete an application before scheduling a meeting at the Library. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Warwick Public Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies and/or beliefs.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of services.
- No admission fee may be charged, contributions solicited, or dues collected. The only exceptions are in the case of paid registration at conferences or institutes, held in cooperation with the Library, or payment of fees for regularly scheduled education courses sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
- No product or service may be sold, except in the case of payment for materials required for educational or group discussion use with the express permission of the Library Director.
- All publicity for meetings held in the Library must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library will not take reservations from individuals for particular meetings. Those reservations must be made through the sponsoring organization. The Library may not be identified as the sponsor.
- Groups may not use the name or address of the Warwick Public Library as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
- Youth organizations using meeting rooms must provide adult supervision at all times.
- Library or library-sponsored programs have priority over other uses of the meeting rooms.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved using the Library’s online room reservation system which can be accessed from the Library’s website www.warwicklibrary.org . Meeting rooms may also be reserved by telephone at (401) 739-5440 x6 or in person between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Meeting rooms may not be reserved more than four months in advance, and no organization may have more than two future meetings on the schedule.
- If a meeting is cancelled, the Library should be notified as far in advance of the date as possible. Any organization that is a “no show” for two scheduled meetings will have its meeting room privileges revoked or suspended.
- The Library provides equipment such as tables, chairs, a lectern, a microphone, portable chalkboard, and TV/VCR. Room set-up and equipment requests must be made when the room is reserved.
Use/Care of the Rooms
- Groups may serve food and beverages at meetings, however the Library does not furnish equipment or supplies, i.e. coffee makers, napkins, cups, etc. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Groups are responsible for paying for any breakage, damage to library property, or any unusual expenses incurred by the Library as a result of the meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for security or storage of property owned by groups using the Library, nor is it responsible for damage or loss of property of others.
Approved by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees 3/27/2013